The abortion pill terminates a pregnancy within the first nine weeks. This abortion is a two-step method that takes 48 hours to complete. This may seem like the perfect solution, private with little hassle, but is it? Here are just a few things you should think about before looking into taking the abortion pill.
Is the Abortion Pill an Option for You?
- Evaluate your medical history and overall health to see if Medical Abortion isn’t an option for you.
- Confirm your pregnancy with a pregnancy test and an ultrasound
- Talk with someone about how to explain how the procedure works, the side effects, and possible risks and complications, make an appointment today.
- There is a 1 to 4% chance the abortion pill won’t result in a complete abortion and a surgical abortion will be needed to terminate the pregnancy.
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed with a surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
The abortion pill is a major decision. Just like any other medical procedure, abortion is something you need to be well-informed on if you are considering it. Your health and safety is of the utmost importance and you need medically accurate information to make informed decision. If you’re considering this procedure, make sure you understand what it entails, the possible side effects and risks, complications and alternatives. Gateway Express Testing does not provide or refer for abortions. The client advocates at Gateway Express Testing will give you the guidance and support in a safe place for you to make an informed decision about your pregnancy.
Gateway Express Testing Services are Free and Confidential.