Post Abortive Support
Suffering Some Emotions That You Were Not Expecting?
Following an abortion, many women initially experience relief. The crisis is over and life returns to normal. However, for many women, the crisis is not over whether that is months or even years later. The choice of an abortion may have left you suffering from emotions you were not expecting. You could be struggling with Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PASS).
Gateway Express Testing offers post abortive support individually and/or in a group support system. Trained Post-Abortive Advocates are here for you in a safe, confidential, non-judgmental environment to express and
work through your abortion experience.
If your abortion is still on your mind and heart, no matter how long ago it took place, we would like to help you heal and move on to a happier chapter in your life. We are here to help and support you through your grief. Our
post abortion team understands what you are going through. Contact us today for information
Symptoms of Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PASS):
- Guilt, anxiety, or psychological numbness
- Depression (unexplained feelings of sadness; sudden uncontrollable crying episodes; poor self-esteem; sleep or appetite disruption; reduced motivation; conflicts in relationships; thoughts of suicide)
- Anniversary grief (on the anniversary date of the abortion or due date of the aborted child)
- Flashbacks of the abortion
- Preoccupation with becoming pregnant again or anxiety over fertility and childbearing issues
- Interruption of the bonding process with other children
- Survival guilt
- Eating disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, or other self-punishing or self-degrading behaviors
Research has demonstrated that abortion can be responsible for at least some profound long-term emotional disturbances in a woman’s life. Post Abortion Stress or Grief are the terms used to describe a woman’s inability to:
- Process the fear, anger, sadness and guilt surrounding her abortion experience
- Grieve the loss of her baby
- Come to peace with God, herself and others involved in the abortion decision.